CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Big Shot Tutorial - Reshaping with your Framelit

Hi everyone and happy Friday.  I am glad you decided to stop by today.  It has been a little crazy around here as the collection of items for my daughter's new apartment keeps growing by the day.  We spent time shopping this week for items needed to cook and clean.  It has been really stressful on her so I will be happy once the move in underway and we can get her settled.  My hope as we go into the weekend is that the shopping will be finished and I will still be able to get into my craft room!!

On the card I shared with you yesterday, I used my framelits Label collection to make the centerpiece of the card.  I used them a little differently and wanted to share a tutorial with you on how to make the centerpiece if you would like to.  There will be a lot of photos and not a lot of words just so you know.  So let's get started shall we.


The supplies you need for this are your big shot, your platform, the cutting pads, the set of framelits and the card stock you will need.  I tend to always use scrap first if I have a large enough piece.  


This is the Label Collection of framelits.  When you purchase then, they are secured to the inside with tape.  I always loosen them from the tape and put a magnetic strip in its place.  Since the framelits are metal, they will attach to the magnetic strip.  This is a personal preference of mine.  


This shows you the framelits I will be using.  Notice I chose the 2nd largest one and the one immediately after it in size.


Place your platform base on the big shot.  You will be using tab 1 on it.  Place the first cutting pad on top of it.  Next lay your piece of card stock onto it and place your framelit on top of it.  The final piece will be the other cutting pad being placed on top and then run it through the machine.


Here is your framelit once it is cut out.  After removing the metal framelit from it, place the label back onto your bottom cutting pad on top of the platform.


Using the same framelit, place it on top of the cut out label perpendicularly. Once the framelit is in place, place your top cutting pad back on top and run it through your big shot again.


As you can see, it cuts out the same points on the other sides and you now have a unique shape to use on your project.


Now I would repeat the entire process with my second color of card stock and the smaller framelit.


After you cut it once, do the same preparation to cut it again just like the other one.


And now you have your unique shape in 2 sizes.  This allows you to layer them or do whatever you would like.  

I did not get a chance to make a card with these today due to apartment furnishing shopping.  I am going to make one this weekend though and will have it for you to see on Monday.

I am so glad you stopped by today.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend and hope you find time to just have fun and relax.  I am hoping for some of that relaxation time myself.  Come back and visit me on Monday.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment