CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Owl Punch Strikes Again?!!!!

Hi everyone and welcome to Wednesday.  My sister is doing pretty well.  Once the numbing medication wore off, she experienced a little more pain (okay so it was a lot) but luckily, we were able to somewhat control it with her pain medication.  The only bad thing about the medicine is it makes her super tired and itchy.  She takes a benedryl to help with the itchiness but that makes her more tired.  Basically, she just needs a lot of rest and naps.  Good thing the move for my daughter happened last week and not this week.

My card I made to share with you today is one that uses the wonderful owl punch once again.  It's funny but when I went into my craft room and saw this punch, I knew I had to use it.  I guess it had been too long since I used it last.  Anyway, let me show you the card and we'll get started.


The base card for this one is Melon Mambo card stock measuring 4 1/4" x 11".  I scored it at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of 4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White.  I ran this through my big shot using the music note impression folder and sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight ink.  I attached it to the card using runner adhesive.


For my greeting, I used an alphabet stamp set and scrap pieces of Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise.  I stamped the letters using VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with black embossing powder.  I made sure when I stamped the letters that I did it in the pattern I wanted to use.  Once the heat embossing was done I punched the letters out using my 1/2" circle punch.  I attached them to the card using dimensionals.  


For my character on this card, I wanted to make a little chef.  Now I have made chef guy several times and I thought it was time to make chef girl this time.  The only punch used to create her is the owl builder punch.   I used Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Basic Black and Early Espresso card stock to make her.  The chef hat, jacket, pants and face are the vest from the punch.  the back of the hair is the owl body minus the feet.  I used the feet to make the bangs on the chef.  The arms and feet are the heart from the punch, and the eyes and nose are the smallest circle from it.   I used a fine tip black marker to add the flap and buttons to the jacket as well as the dots in the eyes.  The mouth is drawn on using a fine tip magenta marker.  I added circles to the pants and hats using the smallest circle from the owl punch and then added glitter glue to the dots to make them sparkle.  All pieces were assembled using liquid glue and the finished chef is attached to the card using dimensionals.


The only other punch used on this card is the cupcake builder punch.  I used all my glittery card stocks on this one.  Now the frosting is Shimmer White card stock.  I added dots of Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise.  Once they were attached I added glitter glue to them for some shine.  the candle is the Champagne Glimmer card stock with a Daffodil Delight flame.  I did add glitter glue to this flame also.  The cherry is Red Glimmer card stock and the cup is Silver Glimmer card stock.  All pieces of this were adhered together with liquid glue and the finished cupcake is attached using dimensionals.  I added some of the glitter glue to the background just for a little more shine.

Well I am off to help my sister again.  I want to be sure she takes her meds and gets a good nap today.  I do plan on crafting though so stop by tomorrow to see what I make.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment