CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

What A Nice Day!!

Hi everyone and happy Thursday!!!  We had a beautiful day here in Phoenix Arizona yesterday.  There was a nice cool breeze and it was a little overcast.  We were able to have the windows open and truly enjoy the fresh air.  It was wonderful!!  You see we Arizonians know that soon the temperature will go up and these nice days will be gone for a long time. 

I did get into my craft room and made a card to share today.  I focused once again on Mother's Day.  I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest.  Now I had this idea in mind for my card prior to seeing the one on Pinterest.  It was kind of weird to see one so similar to the card in my mind.  I almost scrapped the idea and went in a different direction.  However, I decided to go ahead and make this one.  I guess you can just say creative minds think alike!! 


I started with a base card of Raspberry Ripple cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Old Olive card stock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the top layer, I started with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  I ran this through my big shot using the Petals-a-plenty impression folder.  I then took a piece of Raspberry Ripple card stock cut at 2 1/2" x 4" and ran it through the big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder.   I layered this onto the vanilla using runner adhesive.  I then cut a piece of Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon and put it across the front where the pieces meet.  I adhered it with a little runner adhesive in the front and glue dots on the back.  The vanilla was then attached to the olive, then the olive to the raspberry all with runner adhesive. 


Here is a close up of the top of the card.  To create the flowers, I used the scallop flower punch from the itty bitty punch pack and the scallop flower on the boho blossom punch.  I punched out the larger flowers from raspberry, olive and vanilla.  I also punched out the smaller flowers in the same colors.  I layered the small vanilla onto the large olive and raspberry flowers using a liquid glue.  I attached these to the card with dimensionals and then added a rhinestone to the center of each flower.  Just to add a little bling to the background, I added some green rhinestones to the center of a few flowers.


Now for a closer look at the bottom half of the card.  Again you can see the flowers were made just like the top.  I added pearls to the center of these.  I thought they showed up better here.  Had I used them up top, they would have blended with the vanilla too much.  Again flowers are attached with dimensionals and small pearls are added randomly to the background.


For my greeting I chose to use the retired stamp set called Well Scripted.  I stamped the greeting in Raspberry Ripple ink onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I punched it out using the decorative label punch.  I then created the punch frame using the same punch and Old Olive card stock this time.  The frame is attached to the greeting using runner adhesive.  I added 2 Raspberry Ripple flowers punched with the scallop flower from the itty bitty punch pack to the corners.  They are attached with liquid glue and have a small pearl added to the center of each one.  The completed greeting is attached to the center of the card over the ribbon with dimensionals.  

Well that is all for today.  I am off to clean the house a little and take care of my sister.  Tomorrow my favorite little man is coming over to play again so I need to be ready for him.  I will return with another share for you tomorrow also.  I wish you all a wonderful day.  Thanks for stopping by to visit today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment